Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Hope & Feathers

"Hope is a thing with feathers . . . . .  that perches in your soul" Emily Dickinson
Love watching industrious little birds rushing about catching their prey, the look so cute flapping about but guess their day is just as busy as ours, without the beeping electronic reminders.  These are Piping Plovers, a threatened species due to the loss of habitat.  
Relaxing on the beach is my favourite way to relax regardless of fog or overcast skies or a bit of haze any day at the beach is a millions times better than a day anywhere else.  That is why it feels to me that is not much of an effort to respect the little bird nests and give them space to carry on living the way nature designed them to be.
Have a fabulous weekend what ever you are up to.  


Joining Linky Parties:
Sky Watch Friday
Chrisy's Reconnecting With Nature party

11 comments:

eileeninmd said...

I am with you, I love a day at the beach! The plovers are so cute! Great post, enjoy your day!

Joy said...

Very precious moments at the beach.
I live nearby the beach, but I am seldom there because of the cold weather here:)
You inspired me at least to take time to be there:)

Joy said...

Very precious moments at the beach.
I live nearby the beach, but I am seldom there because of the cold weather here:)
You inspired me at least to take time to be there:)

Laura said...

Beautiful Mandy!

Unknown said...

Lovely photographs, and a great sentiment. If only everyone was as happy to give these little guys their own space.
Thanks for continuing to link up with us for Reconnect with Nature. xx

betty-NZ said...

The beach is always a great place to relax. Your plovers are quite pretty.

Jeanie said...

What a beautiful spot -- I love the beach more than any other environment -- so many textures, even temperatures on the same day. Warm sand, cool water, gently blowing reeds, so many sounds. What a wonderful post.

forgetmenot said...

Mandy, Lovely spot! No place better to relax than the beach. I fear for so many species of birds and animals these days. We are taking away their habitat, and someday we will look back with deep regret. Thank you for sharing your lovely getaway spot. Mickie :)

sage and spirit said...

A foggy day at the beach beats a sunny day at work!

Valerie said...

That first shot is delightfully atmospheric. Yes, we all need hope. (Thanks for visiting my blog and all the best with your merged blog sites.)

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Lovely photos- I'm not much of a beach person, more in tune with the mountains..but love these photos.